Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ball Don't Lie's Around the NBA Daily 2012-2013 Edition
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #623 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
We're talking about the Celtics that needed 7 games to beat a young Sixers squad that couldn't put together a solid 48 minutes in the playoffs?

Now they have no Ray Allen.

I would breath easy betting money on the Knicks. I don't see how the Celtics could beat them to be honest. A guy like J-Kidd just isn't going to be dominated by Rondo. I love Pierce but he isn't going to be getting the best of Melo.

I just don't see one match-up the Celtics can lean on to establish a game-plan. They would be dependent on the Knicks playing like shite. much like the Sixers last year.
You mean the INJURED Celtic team with almost no bench? The same one that took the Heat to 7 games before bowing out?

Yeah... that one.

Kidd is a solid vet... but he's not shutting down Rondo. 10 years ago maybe... now? No.

Pierce is MILES smarter than Melo. And far more versatile. And actually plays D consistently.

Once Avery Bradley comes back you have Barbosa, Terry, Lee and Green coming off the bench... 4 guys who weren't even on the team last season.

BOS's only worry right now is their bigs... and that won't matter against a team like NYK.

BOS = battle-tested
NYK = mentally fragile

Celts all day every day.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote