Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Our Team numbers so far this season
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
The MVP of West Hollywood
the only guy who thinks Terrence Ross will be an all-star

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanTheMan View Post
Yeah, I don't know where the whole "deepest team in years" bs came from, cause that's a straight lie. Our PG depth is the deepest in years, true, but the rest of the roster isn't any deeper than in previous years.

I for one am gonna blame our start to injuries because anytime you lose your best player you're gonna struggle. That's why I don't really care about our current team stats, I'll bet you we'll rise in every category when Lowry returns, he just has that much of an impact on the game, both offense and defense.

So come back Kyle!
Here's the thing about the Lowry injury: It hurts but teams who are actually playoff caliber can fight through it. Our schedule so far is a great example: We've played Indiana twice, Dallas, Minnesota and Philadelphia already. Indiana came into the season with high expectations but Dal, Min, Phi were always looking at low seed playoff team season, which is what BC built this team to do. Indiana is 4-6, Dallas is 5-5, Min is 5-4 despite 3 of their 4 best players getting injured so far, Phi is 5-4. That's what playoff teams do when they lose their best player, they rally together and stay above water. Philly is probably the best comparison since they're obviously a 7th or 8th seed this year. They have wins vs Denver, @ Bos, and vs Uta so far, to go along with taking care of business vs Noh and vs Tor. In reality, IND, PHI, DAL and MIN have good players aside from their injured star. We don't.
The MVP of West Hollywood is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote