Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Our Team numbers so far this season
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
MBailey85
get well DeRozan

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I disliked the whole emphasis on offense that came from the top since the summer. Everything is ass backwards once again.

Here's an interesting number. In wins Bargnani averages 27 minutes. In losses, aside from today where it was scrub time ridiculously early, he averages 37. Even today you could see the results as the two quarters that filled his playing time were the two quarters where once again 30 points were given up. The pushing of the pace particularly makes zero sense the way this team is constructed with Bargnani as something of a centerpiece. It just magnifies the weaknesses, and highlights the problematic hybrid nature that Claudius alluded to.

But there is still some clarity gained through all this. I'm just not sure this team, and their 800,000 data inputs from overhead cameras is going to glean anything, or make anything but cosmetic shifts. Until there is change at the very top.
I don't want to overreact but I'm getting impatient and frustrated because I don't see and understand Colangelo's vision and plan for this team. I say give him the season because its early and things could get turned around but moves need to be made,not necessarily trades either.

Bargnani needs to be brought off the bench as a 6th man at this point. Not as a demotion but for overall effectiveness. Its year 7 and we need to start looking at him in a different light. AB would be effective as a reserve strictly to provide an offensive boost,everything else he does would be a bonus.
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote