Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Thinking hard about Amare....
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #46 (permalink)
halphbreedballer
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
We passed on Drummond because "we had too many bigs".....

... and now people aren't interested in Amare for the same reason??

Seriously?

I love Amir and Jonas but ANY other "big" on this roster is easily replaceable.

I would love to get Shumpert back as part of the deal but I'd be SHOCKED if NYK let him go. I also couldn't see them taking back Fields.... could be wrong though.

Again... this is a move that's geared around not just MAKING the playoffs, but possibly winning a round and perhaps even going further. It's also geared towards keeping Lowry.

My worst fear? That we'll stand pat, keep Bargs and Lowry will bolt (Jose will also be gone) leaving us with DD, Jonas and not much else.

As I said before I wouldn't be opposed to making a play for E. Gordon either.

To those saying that Fields, DD and Ross aren't SFs.... that's true.... but all 3 of those guys aren't going to play SG. Someone's going to have to sacrifice (unless we deal 1). DD's not going anywhere. Neither is Fields with his new contract.... so I guess it becomes... can we deal Ross in a package for a SF?

I honestly wouldn't care if we got Amare. I'd be fine with 1 of those 3 (and Kleiza) manning the 3-spot.
Either way nothing is going to happen till all these players talk about get healthy...
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote