Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Thinking hard about Amare....
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
DocHoliday99
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Ridiculous insinuation?

Given what you just said about Bargnani's "elite-level offense"?

Amare is a PROVEN all-star who scored 25/night as little as 2 years ago. He's also a career 53% shooter and grabs almost 9 rebs/gm.

Even LAST season when he was pretty bad for the Knicks he avgd about 17 & 8 on 48% shooting.

Compare that to Bargs' BEST season... 21 & 5 on 45% shooting.

Again... I acknowledge that it's a bit of a gamble but this would also show Lowry that we're serious about competing and would probably go a long way when it comes to convincing him to re-sign.

It's either this... or a play for Eric Gordon IMO.

Those are moves that are going to get us OFF this treadmill.

We lose? Why?

Bargs is younger, yes.... and cheaper.... for a REASON. He sucks!

Fields is here for another 2-3 years whether we like it or not. So is Ross. So is DD. One of them can end up playing the SF spot.
Bargs is a different player than Amare and both are paid for what they bring. The problem I have with Amare is his game is predicated on his athleticism and at 30 he's played a hard 10 NBA years - his body seems to be breaking down. All the knee surgeries and 'tweaks' and such, I'd be concerned about getting anything of long term value - even short term value.

Gonna burst yer bubble there but DD, LF and Ross are not SF's.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote