Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Thinking hard about Amare....
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
LKeet6
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Ridiculous insinuation?

Given what you just said about Bargnani's "elite-level offense"?

Amare is a PROVEN all-star who scored 25/night as little as 2 years ago. He's also a career 53% shooter and grabs almost 9 rebs/gm.

Even LAST season when he was pretty bad for the Knicks he avgd about 17 & 8 on 48% shooting.

Compare that to Bargs' BEST season... 21 & 5 on 45% shooting.

Again... I acknowledge that it's a bit of a gamble but this would also show Lowry that we're serious about competing and would probably go a long way when it comes to convincing him to re-sign.

It's either this... or a play for Eric Gordon IMO.

Those are moves that are going to get us OFF this treadmill.

We lose? Why?

Bargs is younger, yes.... and cheaper.... for a REASON. He sucks!

Fields is here for another 2-3 years whether we like it or not. So is Ross. So is DD. One of them can end up playing the SF spot.
we lose coz we bet it all on a guy who's probably (just my opinion,) on the downward slide in his career, very questionable injury situation and changing a position we already have decent options in when we need a SF.

i'm not saying it's a terrible trade or that it CAN'T work but imo the odds are against and i definitely wouldn't do it.

bargs is so frustrating and i think we should trade him for someone who fits better but not a 30yr old PF on 18mill per year.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote