Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Thinking hard about Amare....
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
VanCity
is pounding

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
First off, I know it's a risk.... but like the old saying goes "With great risk comes great reward".

With the Knicks playing as well as they are right now with Amare out of the lineup (and I honestly can't see him being ok coming off the bench when he comes back) you'd have to think that the time might be right to think about grabbing him.

Lord knows the Knicks want some cap relief and we can offer some in Jose so I was thinking about a deal along these lines....

Amare + Prigioni

for

Bargs + Jose

They get relief and a PF in return who'd be fine coming off the pine (I'd imagine) for that team.

We get an all-star PF and a decent replacement at the back up PG spot for Jose. Prigioni can ball.

Worst comes to absolute worst, Amare's contract runs the same length as Bargs'. And even if his knee was completely fugged and he never played another game for us we'd have clear minutes for Ed, Jonas, Amir and Kleiza up front and we'd have Prigioni there to keep the PG spot stable.

TBH, at this point I think it's addition by subtraction with Bargs and if Amare could come back and remain healthy for most of his remaining contract.... DD, Lowry and him? We shouldn't have any problems scoring the ball then. And Jonas would fit alongside Amare beautifully.

Thoughts?
wow, i actually agree with torap I have been thinking about this for a while. We might have to get them to somehow take back fields.

Amare will consistently give you 20/10 and Valanciunas playing beside him would be a good fit for both.

I am officially off the Bargnani bandwagon after 6 season. BC has been blindly supporting Bargs for years and now its time to move on.
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote