Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Masai Ujiri (Denver Nuggets GM) vs. Bryan Colangelo
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
MBailey85
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Didn't this guy say Alabi was a prospect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
That was his pick. So was Jawai.
Nathan Jawai is garbage,you're right lol but we're talking about 2nd round picks here. I don't recall Colangelo selecting and keeping good ones himself. As far as Alabi,maybe he's not a top or surefire prospect but he never really got a fair shake in Toronto. That could be a result of him not showing enough in practice or maybe the Raptors staff weren't really that high on Alabi to begin with. Who knows but what we do know is he's a young 7 footer with length and size who can be productive in a specific role,if given the opportunity. He appeared in 4 games last season when he played 10 or more minutes. In those games he averaged 6.7 points,11.7 rebounds,1.4 blocks on 34% FG shooting in 24 minutes per game. I think that's good enough statistics to suggest he can develop. Truthfully,I rather have him on my team than Aaron Gray. Alabi >>> Gray. Even so far this season with the Hornets, Alabi's stats and production is better than Gray's.
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote