Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - haircuts, faith and yada yada yada
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
i am most definitely not a libertarian.

if you open a business in canada you do not have the right to discriminate against the people you serve. you can't choose not to serve someone because of something that is protected by the charter. to turn that around and say that anyone is making you serve someone is to completely misunderstand what our charter protections are about. you don't get the right to say no to people based on gender, sexual orientation, race, etc. if you do, you should face a charter challenge.

and to hide behind make-believe as your reason to do so takes away from the person you are discriminating against the right to challenge that discrimination.

in your first sentence in that previous post you are creating a right that does not exist and positing that i am trying to deny you that right. this is simply incorrect.
This is a private business, so the Charter does not apply. There is no Charter challenge to be made.

Bmats, the "right" originates from the Ontario Human Rights Code, and that's why it is being handled by the Ontario Human Rights Commission.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote