Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ed Davis isn't getting a fair shot
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #71 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargn88 View Post
I disagree that Ed Davis was the reason we stopped trading baskets. Bargnani didn't play any of the 4th quarter until the 4 minute mark. We had a decent lead and Casey figured he didn't need to bring back AB so soon. Then the lead starting dwindeling because they coudn't make a shot and the offence was stagnant, so he brought him back in, when our lead was around 3-4?

Not entirely sure because it's hard to remember the exact score.

But to suggest Ed Davis was the reason we stopped trading baskets is a little over the top. Because you are then suggesting that it was because of Bargnani that we were trading baskets. I watched the same game you watched, and Bargnani in regulation looked alright defensively, he didn't allow Milsap or the other guy he was covering to get anything easy. His 1 on 1 defence was pretty good, and had a couple blocks.
You can disagree that Ed was the reason, but as a team, they stopped trading baskets. And though the offense had some dry spells, Ed was providing a number of second chances. Once Bargnani was in he got swarmed and forced a couple shots that allowed for easy transition points. It wasn't all on Bargnani, as Jose ran out of gas and gave up easy points as well. But to my eyes, a well-disciplined offense with Ed in the mix offers a much better chance of the Raptors being the hammer rather than the nail. The 11 point lead was a testament to that. And some of that was given up by sloppy play before Andrea came in. But Utah also looked to score easy baskets in the paint and in transition as soon as Andrea came into the game. The play before Ed left, he blocked a shot. Utah's comfort level was noticeably improved when he left. Maybe not necessarily due to Andrea, as much as there was a very different energy for them to face upon Ed's absence. Teamwise, it was a very different picture.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote