Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ed Davis isn't getting a fair shot
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #69 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Fair enough, but I was just referring to your post regarding Ed... so yeah, I can not single him out if it appeases you. My point was that John Lucas hit some shots that he's not been hitting, LK hit some shots that have not been there.... even DD hit a lot of shots that he's not been hitting. SO the argument that the defensive difference is enough to offset losing an offensive option can be mitigated by perspective.

Carry on.
Ah perspective. Watching baskets being traded, with far too many of the opposing points amounting to easy points, for year upon year, has offered me the perspective that defending is maybe a better place to start. Yes, offensive options are needed. But they also need to be placed within the context of the team. A Derozan that can score and get to the line does not interest me half as much as a Derozan that can survey the floor and make solid decisions, whether it be for himself or for others on the court. A Lowry that breaks down defenses and finds ways for himself or others to score when there appears to be nothing there is more than just an offensive option. Look at the great scoring option, the Mamba, and you might notice that when he is seen as the big scoring option he does not get the same results for his team as when he is working within a well-defined team framework. It's a team game that has always rewarded unselfish play over individual play when it comes to winning. Of course this team would not go too far regardless without more talent, but it would have a chance to be getting enough results as to be clearly headed in the right direction. At the moment they are in danger of taking a big step backwards if the proper issues are not addressed.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote