Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ed Davis isn't getting a fair shot
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #48 (permalink)
Rimpianto
not here

Tolerate my english

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Last four seasons? 2010-2011, 2011-2012 and just 6 games this season = 4 seasons

anywho, let's say that's true, Dirk is 8 years older than Bargs. Dirk has only posted below win shares/48 minutes below the league average only once in his life (rookie season). Bargs' first time posting the league average in winshares/48 minutes was last season. The first time Bargs ever had a significant impact on the court (ie. raps were better with him on the court as opposed to him off of it) was last season (2.2 netpoints/100 possession ie. the offensive benefits of playing with him outweighed the defensive benefits of playing without him). Regarding rebounding, both are putrid on the offensive glass however Nowitzki has only ever been below a DRB% twice in his career (his 1st two seasons). Offensive rating wise Dirk impresses. Dirk is better both in terms of offensive rating and defensive rating in those seasons (10-11 and 11-12) compared to Bargs.
I made averages from 08-09 season to 10-11
I didn't want to say they're equal, far, far from me. I was just pointing out that his offence is not inefficient as many say and that he doesn't take all these shots, given that some people here talk about "chucking 20 a game".

About your stat, raps where better with him on the floor Vs starters than our bench without him Vs opp.bench. Not this great of a difference but surely it is not a conclusive stat.
I prefer how many wins last year without him and how many with him.

For the rest nothing to say about it, bad rebounder and passable defender at best.
Rimpianto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote