Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ed Davis isn't getting a fair shot
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thug
in Houstatlantavegas

Presidential

Representing:
Unhappy Ed Davis isn't getting a fair shot

Quote:
Davis is playing just 13:30 per night, including a combined nine minutes in Toronto’s last two games.

Head coach Dwane Casey would say the amount Davis plays is entirely up to him.

“I asked him a while ago: I said, ‘Has anybody seen Ed Davis?’ He played well [last Sunday against] Minnesota. He was a big-time factor, he and Amir [Johnson],” Casey said. “He changed the game against Minnesota. Since then, I don’t know. He hasn’t been the same.”

That might be what Casey has seen, but it does not seem entirely fair to Davis. The main reason Davis has struggled to find minutes is because of the Raptors’ roster composition.

Andrea Bargnani is one of the few Raptors capable of scoring in bulk. Jonas Valanciunas is one of the Raptors’ great hopes, a potential rebounding and defensive demon. Johnson is the team’s best interior defender, a particularly good match for Bargnani when factoring in the latter’s defensive and rebounding shortcomings. So no matter how well Davis has played — and, frankly, the sample size is too small to come to a meaningful conclusion — he will always be less of a priority for Casey than the other three players.

Toronto Raptors waiting for Ed Davis to define himself | NBA | Sports | National Post
Thug is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote