Originally Posted by Ammo
Just like anything else, you have to form your own personal opinion.
I'm not afraid to say that at this point, I would not be opposed to Vince coming back to finish his career here even though a lot of people will be pissed.
1. It would be a cathartic exercise to stop the pouting. I don't think we're looking too good around the league anymore booing everyone.
2. For those who think Vince is nothing, from kids to grown-ass men, he obviously will always have a huge connection to fans and is likely still mobbed for pics and autographs. It would be a chance to show the league that at least one player who has made a name for himself holds Toronto in high regard. News flash...even old vets don't choose Toronto.
3. He will be motivated to play and show his best, to recruit players and to trumpet Toronto as a good place for players. His antics caused damage. He can contribute to some repair.
4. Sad as it is, he's about all this franchise has as a real legacy
5. As of right now, he can still shoot, defend and get to the line.
If things go south in Dallas, Landry Fields, a 2nd rounder and cash for Vince.
Come on home, Vince. They'll only boo you at first.
re: the bolded.... you'd really trust him to do this? Because I sure as hell wouldn't. $10 says that he'd sign, "get injured" after 3 games and sit on the bench smiling through losses just like he used to.
No thanks. Our young guys don't need that kind of example.