Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Vince Carter Interview: Would be open to rejoining the Raptors at some point
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #60 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

hearing sam tell that story makes vince sound even more douchey to me. first he wants to go, and then, when the final pieces are being put together, he suddenly wants to stay so he meets with sam but never contacts babcock or tannenbaum. and he does this all when it's basically too late.

these lines from sam were the most telling to me:

"would they (tannenbaum and babcock) have even believed vince because he had been so egregious in his statements about wanting to be traded?"

"it was (a toxic situation with vince)"

edit - just listened to babcock, and he confirmed that vince did demand a trade (which lowered his value), that the request to sam about staying was too late, and that he wouldn't have believed vince unless vince took the time to be clear about why he changed so suddenly, given the long history of saying the exact opposite.

"so egregiuos in his demands." yikes.

dude flat out forced a trade and dogged it on the court to make sure it happened. there's no going back after that, and there's most certainly no bringing back a player that did that. and retiring his number? aw hell, no. hellllllll no.

Last edited by 'trane; 11-08-2012 at 03:44 PM.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote