Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ball Don't Lie's Around the NBA Daily 2012-2013 Edition
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #458 (permalink)
Windex
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean

Representing:

Barkley leaving?

Quote:
Asked how long he wants to continue in sports broadcasting, Charles Barkley told SI.com something shocking: He's almost done.
"I love my job," Barkley said. "I love the people I work with. And I'm going to try to do things to keep me engaged. But I have four years left on my current deal and to be honest with you, it's going to be a struggle for me to make it for the whole four years. I really don't know how much longer I'm going to do this. I need something more, or something else to do to be honest with you."
In an extended interview with SI.com, Barkley was contemplative about his future as a broadcaster. The TNT NBA analyst has uttered similar things before -- including plenty of talk about Alabama gubernatorial run -- but he offered extended remarks about needing a new challenge. "I only thought I would do this for three or four years but now I have been doing it for 13 years," Barkley said. "When I got to my fifth year of broadcasting I was like 'Okay, I'll do this a couple of more years.' But now I'm like, 'Dude, you have been doing this for 13 years and if I make it to the end of the contract it will be 17 years.' Seventeen years is a long time. It's a lifetime in broadcasting. I personally have to figure out the next challenge for me.
Read more: Charles Barkley's uncertain broadcasting future; media notes - Richard Deitsch - SI.com
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote