Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bryan Colangelo.
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
KoolAid
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finstock View Post
No GM can win 'em all. But BC comes up on the losing side more often than not based on his superfluous spending for average players. He hasn't drafted poorly. Recent history of like-numbered picks suggests that Demar at 9 and Davis at 13 are decent value. And of course Val. Then again, the only time he went out on a limb was this year with Ross. A move that really bothers me now that we've locked up Demar long term. I don't think we'll see the end of BC this year, but I think his time is up. Leave the team in decent shape and go work for daddy.

Hire Simmons.
This. I like DD as much as the next guy, but he simply isn't worth that kind of money. BC is paying him for what he expects him to become, not a smart idea. I get that he wanted to lock him up before he hit RFA but DD is not worth tha kind of money nor is he taking this team anywhere. If somebody offers him a crazy contract in free agency just sign & trade him for picks or something. It's just not worth it. Now we can't use DD in any trades this season either. Just a bad move overall. I really don't see him improving to the point where he is worth 9 million a year. And if he does we've got another Bargnani on our hands. Great scorer, not much else. Can't take us anywhere
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote