Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Smith: "I call Golden State first and try to pry Harrington away."
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Smith: "I call Golden State first and try to pry Harrington away."

I'd have to agree with Doug too in considering Harrington long before calling Charlotte regarding Wallace. Purely for the fact that Al's contract is alot more feasible to manage than Gerald's is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith
Lots of trade chatter out there, isn’t there.

My guy in Charlotte R. Bonnell has been telling me for a while that he thinks Gerald Wallace is absolutely on the block and we all know Al Harrington wants out of Golden State.

What should Bryan be doing?

Making the calls to try and get in on the deals.

Not sure what he’d have to offer – and I cannot envision any way he gives on Andrea right now so please put those thoughts aside – but he did have interest in Wallace in the summer and Harrington, in my mind, is a pretty good fit.

Harrington’s got the more manageable contract (expires after next season when you want free agent money; Wallace’s goes out at least three seasons after this one) and I know the coaches here think he’s more of a three than Wallace is (they contend Wallace plays best as a four).

I don’t know if there’s a Raptor package that would make sense, or would come close to what other teams might be offering, but Bryan wouldn’t be doing his job if he wasn’t making the calls. And he’s always doing his job.

Personally, with all things considered (money, contracts, variety of skills), I call Golden State first and try to pry Harrington away.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote