Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - JV > Bargs (yep, already)
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #111 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
amir is better offensively than JV, he can hit a mid range jumper with reasonable accuracy these days and he's a better P&R player (for some reason, our PGs don't seem to cooperate well with JV on the P&R - could be a trust issue, but he's never getting the ball when he rolls). JV sets some nice screens, but he doesn't trust his shot and around the basket you won't get too many chances in crunch time when teams are more focused and the offense goes in half-court mode.
Amir's jumper is still laughable. His stroke is incredibly slow and although it does go in now more than it did before I wouldn't call it "reliable". He's better than JV because he has experience... plain & simple.

Once JV gets that experience he'll be MILES ahead of Amir (and any other big one the roster). He already plays bigger IMO.

As for the Gay for Bargs+Jose trade... I'd do it TBH. I'd be comfortable getting an all-star calibre SF and letting Lucas take over the back up PG duties while giving Amir and Ed more minutes at the 4. I think we'd be a better team in the long run.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote