Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - JV > Bargs (yep, already)
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #102 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Not sure how having Amir or Gray in the game instead of Jonas will change that TBH.

To be clear, it's not that I expected Bargs to be something that he wasn't (although I DID hope that he'd be a better rebounder than he's shown)... It's that I wanted a player with Jonas' skills to pair with Bosh... or I wanted a wing player. That's it.

I'm still annoyed though that players like Love and Ryan can shoot 3s, grab boards AND play with energy and Bargs can only seem to do 1 of the 3 at any 1 point in time.
amir is better offensively than JV, he can hit a mid range jumper with reasonable accuracy these days and he's a better P&R player (for some reason, our PGs don't seem to cooperate well with JV on the P&R - could be a trust issue, but he's never getting the ball when he rolls). JV sets some nice screens, but he doesn't trust his shot and around the basket you won't get too many chances in crunch time when teams are more focused and the offense goes in half-court mode.

as far as pairing him with bosh, I think it's pretty clear that Bosh was never the lead guy, so I'm not sure what we'd have achieved with that. A few more wins maybe. For us to be a successful team (title contention is completely out of the question with the current generation), JV would have to become an all star at some point in the next 3-4 years. Otherwise, we're at best a 45 wins team, probably worse.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote