Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - DeRozan or Bargnani
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
Admiral
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
His athleticism is far from freakish. He doesn't even elevate that great imo. He isn't that quick, seems a bit flat footed and is often blocked or knocked off the ball fairly easily. He's not a great finisher in traffic, even now that he's a little stronger. His ball handling skills are still lacking. I like the kid but i have my doubts he can get a whole lot better than what we see now. Let's hope he does.
agreed, the wing positions SG/SF are supposed to be the positions where a player becomes a star the fastest if they're supposed to have that much potential, all you have to do is get the ball and score and play D as well as you can, the rest of the team is supposed to play off of you on offense, scoring is supposed to come naturally, not only is it not natural to him he doesn't seem to be picking it up either
he has no 1 bball skill that he can bank on in game, all he has is athleticism which in some ways i feel like has been overadvertised and really isn't that good, i'm even almost certain that terrance ross might even be more athletic than him
the guy was just too raw in too many aspects of the game when it comes to actual skills on the court, there were and still are way too many skills he's got to develop, its asking a lot from 1 player to transform themselves, especially into the level of player he's supposed to be
i'm not saying ross is going to be good or anything like that, but at least he has a couple skills to start off with, he can defend, which means all you have to do is put him into the defensive schemes and his skills will work
and he can shoot, maybe they're not going in right now but at least you know he has a jump shot, maybe he has to work on getting the ball to fall in, but at least its not like demar where you had to pretty much change his form and techniques first so basically have to start from scratch, at least with ross it appears to just be a matter of getting used to the nba and the ball will eventually start falling
at least there is an entire package of skills there which just have to be brought up a few more levels
demar was and still is adding skills to the package let alone bringing the level of the skills up
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote