Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - DeRozan or Bargnani
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Admiral
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Ross was drafted because he could shoot, and defend. If they drafted Ross to usurp DD, then they were incredibly dumb to extend DD.

This season is about gaining some clarity concerning who belongs here. Neither AB nor DD is going to be the face of the franchise. The question will be whether they can find the right roles for the team to be effective. A trade needs to be made sometime in the next 8 months or so. The players will provide some clarity in how they produce with another year under Casey and Lowry and V added. And the interest in certain players among other GMs, and what they can offer will take care of any other clarity that is needed. One game isn't quite enough to suggest anything as of yet.
they drafted ross so he and DD can start at SG and SF, deciding who starts and which position will be decided when they figure out who is better where, only problem right now is ross is not yet ready and all signs are pointing to DD never really being ready

as for Bargs or demar, its pretty obviously bargs, at least we know he has some skills, you can say both are terrible defensively, but at least Bargs has an actual offensive game, demar's game is he can jump and dunk, but he has no abilities to dunk in traffic or over people, his jumping doesn't seem to give him an advantage when it comes to rebounding and he still has a very questionable jump shot and his IQ doesn't seem high enough to know what to do when he actually gets to the rim with his less than average ball handling
i really like demar and i wish him the best personally and not just for the good of the team, but he's really starting to show that his potential is probably being reached already, i just hope i'm completely wrong but 4th year already says a lot
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote