Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Breaking Down an Opening Night Disappointment
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
kishan13
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post

I just hope we don't have to see Jose on the court to finish games. The tandem worked ok for a stretch, but Jose looked confused about his role as the game wore on. Passing up an open 3 in order to give DD a rushed 3 was just inexcusable. And then when he did shoot it was a hesitant shot. And that sort of defined the whole offense down the stretch. For the whole game there were too many bad, forced shots, and too many hesitant shots. Get a nice 8-9 man rotation in play and let the offense develop some flow, with everyone understanding where their shots come from, and you've got a much better chance of success. Is that going to happen, or is DC going to feel compelled to play Jose x amount of minutes? Will he be compelled to continue to start Fields? And then is he going to have to squeeze in minutes for other players that can have more impact than those two?
I don't think he left Jose in just for the sake of giving him minutes. He was shooting the ball great and our wings weren't. Anderson, Fields, Ross, and Derozan really did nothing the whole game so Casey had to leave Jose in to provide some offence. I saw Jose put up a couple threes in the second half without hesitance so i'm not sure what you saw but your right about passing to DD.

Our problem was scoring late in the game which has been the problem for the last few years. We really need a go to guy late in the game. I'm hoping Lowry becomes that guy or we might see more games like this.

Last edited by kishan13; 11-01-2012 at 02:22 PM.
kishan13 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote