Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Breaking Down an Opening Night Disappointment
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint

Representing:

This is what I was talking about hen I said depth was not an advantage unless we define a proper core. Casey was working at a disadvantage in that he did not have a great sense of his team's pecking order or proper rotation of personnel, whereas his counterpart did. The BC mishmash still hampers this team. Casey is going to have to call on sacrifices across the board for the betterment of the team, and I have to imagine that itching a couple of weeks he will know enough to be able to do that.

I just hope we don't have to see Jose on the court to finish games. The tandem worked ok for a stretch, but Jose looked confused about his role as the game wore on. Passing up an open 3 in order to give DD a rushed 3 was just inexcusable. And then when he did shoot it was a hesitant shot. And that sort of defined the whole offense down the stretch. For the whole game there were too many bad, forced shots, and too many hesitant shots. Get a nice 8-9 man rotation in play and let the offense develop some flow, with everyone understanding where their shots come from, and you've got a much better chance of success. Is that going to happen, or is DC going to feel compelled to play Jose x amount of minutes? Will he be compelled to continue to start Fields? And then is he going to have to squeeze in minutes for other players that can have more impact than those two?

I'm hoping Casey is still assessing what he's got and will make the appropriate changes soon enough. They managed to hold a good team to a 15 point quarter. They saw some of what Lowry and Valanciunas can do, and now they need to define roles that work best with that and let BC do the job of turning the rest of the mishmash into something useful.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote