Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - JV > Bargs (yep, already)
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #40 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
I saw the stats after the series was over, it was pretty crazy the difference when Hibbert was on and off the court. When he left the game, Miami just pounded it inside. When he was in the game, Indy was building leads. If someone could find it, it would be appreciated.

Yes, we have a small margin for error, but we're not going to come anywhere close to the playoffs with Amir or Gray starting and playing a majority of the minutes at center. Jonas' size is such and quickness on help defence, as well as rebounding on both sides of the ball is huge. Neither Amir nor Gray can provide both. I think Val can consistently if he gets the time, and that provides a big impact in the game even if hes not scoring.

Your logic is crazy.
hibbert was huge in the first 3 games, but they bottled him up after - he wasn't that effective in the last 3.

as far as my logic, unless you consider JV better than Amir or Gray (against big centers) RIGHT NOW, not sure what's wrong with playing him fewer minutes until his positives outweight the negatives. It's only one game and we'll have to see how this plays out, but if the strategy is to let JV start,log off serious minutes and let him play through his mistakes, that's not the optimal strategy if playoff is the most important outcome. Amir is much more polished offensively, just as good of a rebounder/shot blocker and he's very mobile and less prone to mistakes.

With fields and JV, we're playing 3 on 5 offensively, and the starting lineup will suffer, especially in crunch time when defenses tighten.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote