Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ball Don't Lie's Around the NBA Daily 2012-2013 Edition
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #342 (permalink)
ClutchCity
up there

][__ . //-\\ .

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Dwights been pretty beast the first 2 games despite not having his explosiveness back yet.

The Lakers biggest problems are their defence, and incorporating Nash in to their offence. I think their defence may solve itself once Dwight gets back to being freak athletic Dwight in shutting down everything that comes in the lane, but right now he cant move as well nor jump as high so theyre giving up a lot of layups. And I think because Dwight isnt fully ready to protect the paint, the guards are overhelping on the perimeter, which is why guys like Batum and Matthews got such great open looks last night.

And with Nash, they need to stop treating him like Fisher, and run a LOT more offence through him. I have no idea what Brown was thinking with this offence. Nash is their best chance in sustaining offensive rhythm the entire game. Him and Dwight/Gasol pick and rolls will be devastating once they actually run it more than 5 times a game.
Yeah, you can tell Dwight is not himself yet. Which is scary because he's still dominating...offensively at least. He can't move/jump like we're used to and it's going to take a few weeks for him to get back to that level of explosiveness that we've seen for so many years. Once that happens, the D will be fine.

Also, I agree 100% with the Nash thing. Here's a new pic of Steve Nash in a Lakers uniform:

ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote