Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Breaking Down an Opening Night Disappointment
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie
We going to the 'ship!

Representing:

I hate when coaches play their entire 2nd unit together game after game. You need to manage the specific game you're coaching in. Another part of the game that helped us lose is when Gray went in, and then Lowry went out, we went on a huge drought. I think Casey needs to leave one of Lowry or Bargs in at all times(or Derozan if his offence has improved as much as people say). We cant just have Jose running screen roll for 7-8 minutes straight because we have no creators on the wing, and Jose cant penetrate well enough to get them wide open looks. It kills our flow and our defence suffers as well because of the lack of energy.

And I think Ross needs to be playing over Lucas and Anderson. We need a good shooting wing who can play defence. He needs to find his rhythm and stroke on offence, and playing him 4 minutes a game wont do that. He'll be exrtemely valuable if we get him to a point where he can play 15-20 mpg comfortably where hes not hurting the team because he may end up becoming our best wing defender sooner rather than later, and if his stroke is that good then we have a very nice option there. And who knows, he may even end up starting if he gets some confidence since Fields sucks.
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote