Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - JV > Bargs (yep, already)
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #35 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Representing:

Confidence was supposed to be Bargnani's greatest strength when drafted. Remember that calliper test and the ice running through his veins?

I liked how Bargnani payed for the most part tonight. He was running the floor, and he was playing basketball. But there are always stretches where he infuriates me and tonight didn't disappoint. In the third, or start of the fourth, he had the ball at the top of the key. He attracted the defense. Valanciunas was unbelievably left wide open to the left of the basket. An easy pass meant an easy dunk. He chucked up a lazy miss. Then he goes down to the other end a little slow and got stuck in no-man's land and let West get started on his run with a drive to the basket that went unchecked.

My dream is to see Bargnani play 25-30 minutes on nights like these, and not necessarily see the court down the stretch. Ed Davis' energy in limited minutes made a big impact. We were getting stops and stretching the lead. Maybe West would have lit him up as well, but I would have liked to have seen that as the approach. There was too much emphasis on Andrea as a primary scorer, and he got thrown off his game far too easily to be able to fill that role. This team needs to find another guy to score, play Andrea fewer minutes if they need to get stops, and go from there.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote