Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - ESPN: Five Teams at a Crossroads
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
pzabby
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I think DeMar's improved confidence handling the ball makes a substantial difference. Not in terms of faking anybody out, but rather in being better able to keep his head up, read the defense, and be a much more effective facilitator.
which I think is one of the reasons casey said he'd be looking to have some pick and roll's with derozan and a big. I think he noticed the ball handling improvement, and with that, as you said, comes the ability to bring others into play, rather than focus on not losing the ball.

with the ball in derozan's hand, on a pick and roll or in the post, it opens up opportunities for our best 3 point shooters in lowry and Bargnani to drain from deep if ever their man leaves to help. I can't stress this enough, but it's going to improve our offence, a heck of a lot, since we won't rely on derozan shooting, but rather playing to his strengths, allowing the rest of the team to play to their strengths. as well, it will help our offence be less predictable.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote