Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Harden Turns Down 4 year 52M Dollar Extension
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
The question is, is Harden worth a max contract and harming the flexibility of that squad? I think it's somewhat obvious that they're going to end up amenstying Perkins, likely at the end of the summer, but with the new metrics in place, a max contract could really make it difficult for this team to add key pieces every year.
Perry Jones could be a wildcard in this situation. If I'm the Thunder, I'd prefer to get Perry some minutes and see what he can do before I move anybody.

I think your opening question is a good one. But I also think that question might have to be asked about Ibaka's contract, depending on what Perry Jones does this year. If the drop-off in production and impact on the game is not that significant when Perry is playing, Ibaka's contract could be the real dead weight. If Perry Jones plays really well, I think they might keep Perkins longer and look to move Ibaka. You can have Jones and Perkins for the price of Ibaka.

Really, there are a number of things to consider here, including the point you made earlier about Harden bringing back a good "haul". If the "haul" is too good to refuse, then OKC may just have to do it regardless of the frontcourt situation.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote