Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - DeRozan's emerging post game
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Banned

Representing:
Default DeRozan's emerging post game

Quote:
It is possible that no phrase is more popular among casual basketball fans than “just drive.” As in attack the rim, don’t settle for the jump shot. Of course, if it were easy, everybody would do it.

DeMar DeRozan is making the effort, though. He decided to refine his post game this summer and enlisted his cousin Shaun to help. Shaun, DeRozan estimates, is 6-foot-5 and about 260 pounds.

“I have a big cousin and he always guarded me when I worked out,” DeRozan said Tuesday. “And I told him to foul me, do whatever he can to try to stop me. So he definitely helped me out a lot, understanding what I have to do on the offensive end.

“He gets credit every time I score.”
Quote:
“I just understand I’m bigger than a lot of [shooting guards] and a lot of nights I’m going to have an advantage,” DeRozan said. “I watched a lot of Dwyane Wade this summer, tape on him understanding how aggressive he was, especially last year, not shooting as many jump shots every time you get the ball.”

In an attempt to diversify Toronto’s half-court offence — not every play can be a pick-and-roll — Casey will call DeRozan’s number in the post more often this year. Casey bemoaned the lack of strength of his young players often last year, and DeRozan’s response to that was pleasing to the coach.
Toronto Raptors’ DeMar DeRozan has done his homework | NBA | Sports | National Post
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote