Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - How a new pg style change the roster?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Superjudge
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I wonder how Jose feels about not only being moved to the bench, but having to then share duties with Lucas? It might work pretty good, but they won't be able to do it every game without paying a price defensively. In which case Lucas gets under utilized. And if they do make it work, then Calderon takes a significantly smaller role. It's hard to see Jose being a great fit for the long run. We'll see.
I dont think he cares. People seem to project a lot of negative on Calderon when really, he's always taken some serious disrespecting by that franchise like a pro, and with a smile.

What I'm seeing, he simply has tried to change up his game to make the arrangement work, which is ultimately the best possible reaction you can get from a guy. Last night several times I saw the bench, he and Lucas sit together, and they cheers together and they laugh along with each other. I think Jose truly see's it as a partnership where he and Lucas can help the team win. Its incredibly uplifting actually.

Jose has money, he knows he will get more for at least another 3 years. Dude is a grounded family man, he isn't looking to drive 8 Bentleys I don't think. So I think we will see more of the same. Him working hard, staying positive, and being a leader. Except now he knows he and Lucas are there to shoot, and shoot he has, and pretty well.

Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote