Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Who do you think are the Top 10 NBA Players Ever (no order/rank involved) ?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #53 (permalink)
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
LX - was this directed to me?

If so, I completely agree that the legends of yesteryears leave a mark throughout the generations, but if that's the case, why has no one mention the likes of george mikan? i think we could all agree that his impact to the game was quite huge, probably larger than what bill russell's was. how do you compare his contributions to the wilt/russell generation, let alone todays? i just find it endless.

we will never know what kobe would do in a bulls uniform, just like we'd never know how jordan would react to having a ball dominant center to play with. at the end of the day, i really believe that anyone would have a hard time convincing me that john stockton was a better point guard than jason kidd.
Mikan probably should make it. And there could be others from the sixties that likely should be considered. Wilt would probably be the first guy I'd think of moving off the list. The older stuff always loses out to that of nearer proximities. And yeah - that is endless. But I do think there is a real line of progression that makes for an ok exercise, and the question that comes into play for me, is where do the lines of distinction cross over to groups of players that just become preferences. Top ten is a pretty arbitrary sort of classification with no reasoning behind it. It's just a nice number. To that extent I agree with your objections. And I wouldn't see any point to start ranking them in any order either. Had that been the intent of this thread I would have responded much as you did.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote