Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Who do you think are the Top 10 NBA Players Ever (no order/rank involved) ?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #49 (permalink)
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!
The North Remembers #07series

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikid View Post
Yeah and the NBA logo is modelled after Jerry West but you didn't see him on that many of these top 10s. I don't necessarily value rings as the ultimate factor in regards to being top 10. If I did then Robert Horry should be top 10. That and it's just a fact that offense is valued more highly than defense. If we were going for the top 10 best team players in NBA history yeah he'd be top 3 but I'm talking about individual players' ability and achievements and individually he wasn't a fantastic offensive player.

And for the record I'm including Dr.J's ABA career as part of the reason for being in my top ten. That's what puts him over the top, really.
Dr.J isn't top 10 because it's top 10 in the nba. Even then, he can't be included, Moses Malone would be above him.

Russell is highly regarded by everyone, across all different generations. Boston wouldn't have been able to do what they did without him. I never said 11 championships was the sole reason why Bill Russell was in the top 10. He impacted the game when he played. You can still impact the game without being a top option on offense. He has 5 NBA MVP trophies. Typically the MVP award is given to the best player on the best team in the league as they're the most valuable.

West isn't as highly regarded due to the fact that that would open the floodgates for a lot of other guards.

Also, Elgin Baylor would get a lot more love had he won a ring.

Last edited by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!; 10-21-2012 at 08:50 PM.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote