Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Who do you think are the Top 10 NBA Players Ever (no order/rank involved) ?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #46 (permalink)
ClutchCity
up there

][__ . //-\\ .

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Yeah, and I seriously suggested that they should be compared. Your ability to read and understand nuance is a little blatant and sad, but mostly I figure you have the excuse of blinders. If I'm not allowed to have an opinion without you attacking me, because you fucking love Kobe so much, then just how pathetic is that?

I have a good number of players that I have loved as favorites over the years. Bird is about the only one that I can put in the top ten with all honestly. John Stockton was one of the greatest players to ever play. He filled me with true joy for many years. I won't call you sad or a hater for not including him the top ten.

I'm not that far off from agreeing with your 8-12 range. I'd say 11-16. So why be so fucking dismissive and defensive? It's ridiculous.
Because you come here with your absolutistic statements like it's a crime to consider him a top 10 player. Don't let your hate cloud you judgement.

And the Robert Horry thing. I wasn't saying you were comparing the players. But the situations are not alike because one is a role player and one is a legend. For example, if Fisher wins another ring, it won't really matter for people's perception of him. However, if Kobe wins another, it will definitely make people's views towards him more positive, simply because he's one of the best to ever play. Whether you agree or not, rings change the way people view you in terms of ranking players throughout history. Do you think if LeBron never wins another ring that he'll be considered a top 10 player? I doubt it. But if he wins a couple more rings, then there's really no doubt he would.

And the Shaq thing. Why is it that Shaq gets none of the blame in LA? Have you ever noticed that Shaq has always had problems on every team he's ever been on? Don't you see the common denominator there?
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote