Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - MLB/Jays Thread
Thread: MLB/Jays Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
MangoKidHoops
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy2Tymes View Post
i dont understand why the jays want to move Rios? Whats the rush? Same goes for McGowan. I love bedard, but financially that is a bad move for the Jays cosidering Bedard will demand more money in 2 years while Dustin will still be arb eligible. Plus, Dustin showed real progress this season. This smells like another Overbay deal
Bedard being a Canadian (and a good pitcher to boot), the thinking is that it would attract more fannies into the seats. Ted Rogers has voiced his concerns about having more Canadians play on the team. And if Uncle Teddy's forking over the cash, you might want to listen to what he says. Also, the thinking is that Bedard might give the Jays a hometown discount when he re-ups. I'm not a fan of trading McGowan. I think he'll be very solid this year. As for dealing Rios to SF for one of their young fireballers, I'd do it. Pitching beats hitting any day of the week.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote