Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bargnani's new found super effort on D
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #42 (permalink)
Superjudge
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimpianto View Post
Not sure about one thing. Sometimes you see him going out hedging (and we all agree is not that good at it) but then I don't see the rest of the defence rotating or doing it poorly.
They do at 0:30 and that looks a normal situation.
At 0:40 DeMar (I think is him) is following the cutter and the paint is protected by Val and Bargs is out covering the possible pass to the men at the top. In that situation if he follows he's wrong because leaves an open man, if he stays he's wrong because should have doubled?
0:51 he's just slow, on offence...
1:03 defence rotates and his man is perfectly covered by Val.
1:10 He has to cover opponent PG as he has beaten our guard, defence rotates and a mismatch in the paint.
1:28 that's not his man, which he's covering and boxing out.
1:36 same as 1:10
1:47 he hedges and defence doesn't rotate.

Some were simply brutal and I agree. He's generally very slow moving and reacting during these few games, but in general I see a lack of organization by the entire defence and he's clearly not the one who can make it straight.
He's barely able to do his own part, if you ask him to think for all the others on the court that's what you get.
Good post.

Thats the point, too often all you get here is these guys yapping about how shit one guy is her, another there. there i more going on and the truth usually is somewhere in the middle.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote