Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Mitt Romney puts his foot in his mouth
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #45 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yes there is. Stable economy, opportunities, jobs, healthcare, peace. All of those things ring a bell in my mind as greater good for all men. Greater good for all decent men at least.
1. not "all men" are americans. the border creates a division that is world-shaping. and not all people are men, but that's a different matter and not your point.

2. what is an opportunity and a job for one person may be a serious problem for another. this is exactly what i meant. 'job creation' is a simplistic propaganda sentence and not a real thing that is felt by "all men".

3. healthcare is one of the most divisive issues in the us. how any choice benefits "all men" and all political viewpoints is a mystery to me, and to 300 million americans. even 'decent men' have vastly different ideas on what is best here.

4. peace may indeed be counter-balanced with opportunities for many people, especially those with capital interests in weapons and natural resources.

there are so many ways to cut and slice this. there is no such thing as common good that is in any way universal.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote