Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Paul Jones: True value of Valanciunas
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR1815 View Post
Does anyone else feel like they've read the "he rolls so hard, the opposing team shits pants" comment in about 12 different articles since it happened?

Yes, it's certainly a benefit, but I'm sorry, rolling hard isn't exactly what I'm looking for. To sneak into the playoffs, we'll need Val to not just alter shots, block out hard, and run the floor. We'll need blocks, rebounds, and at least a few putbacks a game from him. It may happen, it may not - he's still very young, and I have confidence that he'll develop into a nice player. But without him directly contributing to the final scoreline, I don't see us getting past 9th in the East.

I think the collective media has realized Val isn't dropping 40/20 in his rookie year, and they're now tempering people's expectations so we don't all turn on him come December.
The media has been tempering expectations for a year now. He's a kid for god sakes.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote