Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - drummond ...
Thread: drummond ...
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 02:56 AM   #176 (permalink)
halphbreedballer
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Why is BC getting blamed for not picking this stiff? Pretty sure Drummond went number 9 for a reason, fellas. There were 7 other GM's that passed on him too, BC wasn't the only one.

Look, the NBA Draft is a diligent process. Teams don't just show up and pick a name out of a hat. There is months and months of scouting involved, of getting to know each and every player. When it all came down to it, our scouts didn't think Drummond was the right pick. Maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong, but I think I'll trust an NBA scout over some messageboard GM's anyday.

And for those of you who are crying over Drummond, I've got two words for you: Jonas Valanciunas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Hindsight. What if Drummond turns out to be a flop, therefore no trade value? BC is now stuck with two rookie bigmen to try and ease into the NBA game. That's a lot to ask for one coaching staff.

In his last year of his contract, BC wants to make this team a winning club. Drummond was just too big of a gamble for a man in his position to make. Ross was a solid pick, let's not dwell too much.
Drummond was not a gamble period. He didnt have as good a college season as most people would like.
& the coaching staff can eat a dick if they can't easy 2 skill bigs into the nba!
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote