Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - drummond ...
Thread: drummond ...
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #171 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Alright that's fair, but still I'd hate to doubt BC and Co's decision making so quickly. Although Drummond does look nice, I think JV will be just as good, as does Ross.

And not sure how JV and Drummond would've worked out together as both are more centers than power forward. Who do you see at which position?
Just building on what Jackson said above..... you take Drummond and work the rest out later. Even a rotation of JV, Bargs and Drummond could have worked incredibly well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Hindsight. What if Drummond turns out to be a flop, therefore no trade value? BC is now stuck with two rookie bigmen to try and ease into the NBA game. That's a lot to ask for one coaching staff.

In his last year of his contract, BC wants to make this team a winning club. Drummond was just too big of a gamble for a man in his position to make. Ross was a solid pick, let's not dwell too much.
If BC passed on Drummond just to "play it safe" and save his own ass then I hope to God we don't resign him.

How was Drummond a major risk? He didn't have injury concerns like Oden... he wasn't a headcase like Cousins.... he wasn't fat like Curry.... and he wasn't a stiff like so many bigs coming into the league.

BC whiffed on this one... plain & simple.

How much do wanna bet that if Drummond was a euro he'd have been drafted by us? lol...

Last edited by TORaptor4Ever; 10-15-2012 at 12:36 AM.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote