Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - drummond ...
Thread: drummond ...
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #161 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie
We going to the 'ship!

Representing:

This is why I've had this message under my name since the draft. And I said this:

Quote:
Now that I've calmed down, I'll say I like Ross' game. I'll support him.

But I just cant believe we passed on a potential talent like Drummond. He has all of the tools to be great. Ross doesn't. We have good coaching now with pretty good young talent, why not take the risk?
And many other posts like it in the draft threads.

I saw this video, and the other parts when it came out:

And I immediately thought he was a lock for a top 3 spot when eligible. Not only is he super athletic, but hes quick, skilled, and fluid with his movement. All this talk about his lack of bball IQ and skill was a bunch of bullshit. The guy makes quick moves like a guard, has a decent midrange game which he hasnt had a chance to show yet, but his touch is unquestioned. And anyone who can make those kind of passes off the dribble at 6'10 is extremely skilled.

I watched him in college too and thought the same thing. Although he struggled a bit, his game is perfect for the NBA which is more of a free flowing game, and gives more talented players more room to operate and more of an opportunity to show their skill level.

I know its sometimes crazy to base opinions off of mixtapes and videos without watching the player a lot in game, but there are a lot of smaller things you can catch that show what kind of player someone is going to become. The fluidity of the moves, the footwork, touch, feel for the game etc. Combine all that with Drummonds vertical and quickness and you have a monster center in the making.

This is why I was so pissed. BC shit the bed again.

And yes, I know its preseason and all that. But you can see Drummond is going to be a monster in 2-3 years, and is going to make an impact this year with the opportunity hes going to get with Detroits lack of bigs combined with his stellar showings so far.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote