Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Amanda Todd
Thread: Amanda Todd
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #36 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
I'm not gonna comment on this... I'm pretty sure every one of you would hate me for what I'd have to say on it... I'm not sympathetic at all in situations like this, cuz I gaurentee what I went through was worse
Each individual deals with mental health issues differently. Each situation is different. Each situation is bad, there are no levels when it's something personal like this. We cannot and I repeat, cannot judge everything on certain levels that are arbitrarily chosen.

You can maintain your stance, I would imagine you would say something along the lines of she's a coward (for committing suicide) or she deserved it (for entering into the situation) as you somewhat elude to that in your post.

However, I too have been bullied in my life which has had a profound impact on how I view myself to this very day, however, I can't sit here and judge the poor girl.

What I can do, is judge the internet and examine how it's cultivated a culture or irresponsibility (possibly not the correct word). It's created a culture where we don't take responsibility for our words because we are separated by a computer screen. I read comment sections (because it's a part of my job) every day and every day I read the immaturity on those things. I can simply imagine, what can happen, when one person, who already feels insecure, afraid and depressed, feels like when they read comments on a daily basis (negative ones) directed at her. It's a depressing thought, just sitting here.

I truly feel for this girl and the self-torment and afflicted torment she felt.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote