Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Amanda Todd
Thread: Amanda Todd
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
Posted this in the Headlines thread...thanks for doing it here as well jeff

This topic became somewhat personal for me this past Friday...i was waiting at my school to pick up my kids when one of the other drivers came over to talk... She asked me if i knew a certain student from 2 years ago...i said i did thru certain friendships of other students on my bus
The student i'm talking about was bright and always seemed to have a smile on her face...she would always be the first to volunteer to help younger kids get to their bus
Apparently (don't know the details yet) she got on her bus (with her older brother) on Thursday...they got off and the older brother decided to walk to a buddy's house instead of going straight home with her
When the family arrived later they discovered that she had hung herself in the backyard

Apparently because of bullying

She was 14 years old
Wow, so ridiculous. Same thing happened to my mother's neighbor. He was 16 and used to come to my mother's place and sit and talk to her when he saw her sitting on her deck, used to help her out cutting her lawn. Great kid, a month ago he went for a walk and climbed the main street bridge in Welland and jumped about 10 stories landing on the street. Apparently also was bullied. My mother was shaken up over it for sure, she said he was such a good kid. You would think that all this happening would have these kids think twice about pushing kids around and treating them like yesterday's garbage. I believe that society today is turned off to emotion due to video games, technology and less and less human contact. Take a look at the Amanda Todd case, she drank bleach and kids wrote that it was too bad she didn't die......really people this is what gets you off? Hoping people off themselves, almost cheering them on?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote