Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Davis switching up his personality
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Not if he shows something early like he is.

One of the two games I went to last season was against GS. I had great seats given to me. Ed Davis won that game. Without him on that court they lose pretty miserably. He got the Raptors all kinds of second chances, and disrupted the Warrior offense. And this wasn't the only game where he had a big impact. He did start out pretty slow and out of shape. If he can make good use of this full camp, show that he fits well with what Casey wants to do on offense, and continue to exhibit his excellent defensive extincts while playing with a bit more consistent energy and discipline, he could have something of a breakout year. And i pretty much expect that.

I could see this guy being the best fit of all the power forwards in the long run, if they want to play up and down, and can get a top notch small forward. People who think he's as good as gone need to wait a moment, take a deep breath, watch him some more, and re-assess.
I can't see him getting the minutes he got last season unless Bargs completely sucks or gets injured again. Especially with Valanciunas now in the mix. I guess a lot also depends on Amir.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote