Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Flop thread
Thread: Flop thread
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
edki
limitless...in his dreams

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Thing is, people will call anything and everything a "flop". There are a lot of players that get great position but will welcome contact with backward motion and a slide to make sure they aren't getting the entire bulk of the contact. It is appreciated by both players. I was taught how to do it, and to be honest, if they start calling THAT a flop, then the NBA is a waste of time as nobody will want to play defence, and it will give the soft as lazy asses an excuse not to play hard defence. If players will be expected to take the entire blow and fall as a result, you will either see zero charges being drawn, which are a direct result of great footwork and effort, or, if they do draw them, a lot more injuries.

I don't like it. I am very wary.
I disagree with some of your points:
Both defender and post player should be ready for full contact. Refs should use "no call" strategy more often in these situations. If contact was excessive or post player used his elbow it should be called as offensive foul. Defenders who take full but legitimate hit should be rewarded by their coaches but not referees. Making post game more physical will bring most superstars back to earth and make game more interesting.
I'm ok with players moving their feet and getting in front of offence but it should be 100% foul against them if contact was made when offensive player had his feet in the air or contact was made while defender was sliding sideways.
These changes will impose better team defence, more passing and make game more fluid.
edki is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote