Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Lowry already establishing himself as a vocal leader?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint

Representing:

Sounds wonderful. Can he hold Colangelo accountable as well?

One of my biggest concerns going into this season was that Casey would be doing double duty as both coach and leader. I really thought it would be nice to have a solid, experienced vet to help on the court in that respect, but I also thought Lowry would fill some of that void, and it looks like he might be able to fill more of it than I hoped. It would still be good to have another guy that can back him up, so that he doesn't have to "deliver hard messages softly", but just continue to be himself and let someone else come at it from another angle if need be.

If I'm the coach and GM, I would look at how different players work with this guy, and make decisions based on that to a great extent. Lowry is a core piece. Now who will be joining him in that core group? This kind of a leader can really help bring some clarity to shaping this team. And that is precisely what made me so happy about him coming here.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote