Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Lowry already establishing himself as a vocal leader?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:
Default Lowry already establishing himself as a vocal leader?

Quote:
We do know that Kyle Lowry is emerging as perhaps the most vocal on-court these guys have had in years and he’s more than willing to let his teammates know when things go awry.

“You just be yourself, you don’t do anything you’re not accustomed to doing, you go out there and be yourself,” he said. “If you’re yourself, people are going to respect you … you’re not trying to do anything extra.”

And doing it in the right way is the only way to go about it. No teammate likes to be chewed out, no matter how briefly or how legitimately and if Lowry is to continue down this road, he’d better learn quickly who he can push and who he has to cajole.

It’s hard reading personalities, he doesn’t have an awful lot of experience with this group and it’s a rather dodgy proposition.

“Kyle does it in a respectful way, and that’s what’s important,” was how Casey put it. “You have to treat your teammates with respect but he does hold guys accountable. That way I don’t lose my voice."

Basketball teams, any sports team for that matter, are delicate ecosystems; Lowry’s got a tough job ahead of him and I wonder if his personality is such that he can delivered hard messages softly, if need be.

Doug Smith's Sports Blog
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote