Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Colangelo wants to see Valanciunas starting
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikid View Post
While the sentiment isn't new, I think what he's really getting at is that one way or another there's going to be a fairly transformative trade this season and out of that trade he's going to be strongly pushing for another near all-star calibre player to go with Bargs, JoVal and Lowry. Everyone else is trade bait if we can land let's say, a JSmoove at the deadline, or perhaps a Rudy Gay if the Grizz aren't where they thought they would be, or even a Tyreke Evans.
He's talked about it so long and so much that he really has this season to make it happen, and it had better be really good. I really grow tired of having my expectations raised like that, especially when he should be continuing to build a team foundation. And hopefully that is where his head is truly at, but the way he words things is all about selling hype at a bit of a premium, and the words themselves don't stand up much anymore, and threaten to undermine his actions when he finally does make a deal.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote