Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jalen Rose on Kobe's 81pt game
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
CobraKing
is rooting for the Raptors!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Maybe over the years my memory of the game has become distorted, but I recall Jalen ruining a good first half effort by a young team by coming out in the second half taking half-assed shots with no real effort to run back defensively which is why he was probably given a seat on the bench.

The game was a big joke to Jalen - most the games were;
He was a disgrace to professional athletes and the game of basketball while in Toronto.

But fuck he had some great moves in the low post. I spent hours immitating his footwork with the high-release - high-arcing shot. He had some of the most creative/unique footwork in the post near the end of his career.
I have to second this. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he earning about $13-$15M while playing with us too? Dude was on 'cruise control' while earning marquee athlete pay.

I don't know how much fact or fiction is in these videos of his but even the previous one where he describes the 'fight' between Mitchell and VC showed his lackadaisical/nonchalant attitude while in Toronto. The coach gets knocked onto the ground by his player and all the other players including Rose are laughing. In any other workplace that would be considered insubordination and grounds for termination - nevertheless Rose being a veteran at that stage of his career should have intervened and never have let the issue escalate beyond pushing and shoving.
CobraKing is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote